OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Certification Course
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Construction workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach DOL course completion card within 4-6 weeks.
The OSHA 30-hour Construction Outreach Training course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
The 30 Hour Construction Safety Certification course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. OSHA.com recommends Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926.
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course.
Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Who is This Course For?
- Construction Employees with Safety Responsibilities such as Foremen, Superintendents, Project Managers, Safety Coordinators, Safety Specialists
Why Are Customers Taking the Course?
- Employer Requirement
- State Requirement
- Nevada (effective January 1, 2010)
- Missouri (effective August 28, 2009)
- New York (effective July 1, 2008)
- Connecticut (requirement specific to certain kinds of job sites)
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: Recordkeeping
- Module 3A: Basic Safety Orientation
- Module 3B: General Safety and Health Provisions
- Module 4: Health Hazards: Hazard Communication
- Module 5: Health Hazards: Hazardous Materials
- Module 6: Process Safety Management: (PSM)
- Module 7: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 8: Fire Protection
- Module 9: Materials Handling and Storage
- Module 10: Hand and Power Tools
- Module 11: Welding and Cutting
- Module 12: Focus Four – Electrical Safety
- Module 13: Focus Four – Struck-By and Caught in Between Hazards
- Module 14: Focus Four – Fall Protection
- Module 15: Cranes and Rigging
- Module 16: Motor Vehicles
- Module 17: Excavations
- Module 18: Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Module 19: Stairways and Ladders
- Module 20: Confined Spaces
- Module 21: Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Module 22: Use of Explosives in the Workplace
- Module 23: Scaffolds
- Final Exam
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass the quiz will result in being locked out of the course and not allowed to continue with an online training format for your Outreach training.